News Update :
Home » , , , , , » Interview With Miss World United States Virgin Islands 2014 – Aniska Tonge

Interview With Miss World United States Virgin Islands 2014 – Aniska Tonge

Writer : Caribbean E-Magazine on Tuesday, July 1, 2014 | 10:27 PM


C

yndee’s Models in the Isle owns and operates the Miss US Paradise Pageant. The pageant is the official franchise holder for the Miss World, Miss Intercontinental and Miss Supranational Pageant and is proud to announce the 2014 representative for the Miss World Pageant.

Representing the United States Virgin Islands in the 2014 Miss World competition is Miss US Paradise World 2104 – Aniska Tonge. She is also a former Miss America contestant (2013).

Her organization 4Her has held multiple events in the community furthering the mission of providing young women with the tools necessary to positively progress professionally and socially as well as academically and socially.

A graduate of the University of South Florida, Aniska holds a degree in psychology with a minor in women and gender studies and is also a multimedia journalist for Live Inspired Magazine.

CEM got the chance to talk to this amazing beauty.
How does it feel to be representing US Virgin Island at Miss World?
I’m elated. I competed in the Miss America pageant a year and a half ago, in January of 2012.  But this is my very first time competing internationally. So I’m excited to show how much I’ve grown as a competitor and prove myself as a worthy international ambassador.

What are your future aspirations?
I’d love to see everything I’m working on come to fruition. My organization, 4Her, was founded just under a year ago and I’m hoping to see it as an internationally recognized organization geared to assisting in the positive development of young women. I’m also a multi media journalist and writer. I cover everything from travel to entertainment; so working for a major news network is definitely on my list of lifetime accomplishments.

Any new conquests?
I’ve always had a passion for storytelling. Whether on stage, in front or behind of the camera, I’ve recently found a love for theater, drama and screenwriting. I actually just finished writing my first short film.  Having studied at The American Conservatory Theater, in San Francisco this past fall, I’ve noticed it’s something I can’t seem to shake.  I’m excited to see what comes from it.

You recently became Miss US Virgin Islands, what are the top three best things about being Miss US Virgin Islands thus far?
Oh, nothing tangible. I’d have to say the ability to see how much stronger I am compared to what I might think. My independence is put to the test as well and my faith in myself becomes chiseled and unbreakable. I think those are the three best things, the things I’m able to find and build from within. Cliché, I know.

How are you preparing for the Miss World Competition?
“How Am I not?” Is a better question! I’m working out harder than I ever have, watching what I eat. Interview prep, how to speak and smile, basically branding myself for the title of Miss World. Talent and technique training, walking, posing, all those little things you never think will really matter always do!

What’s your daily beauty regime?
I don’t think I have one. I guess you could say I’m the most unorthodox beauty queen there is because how I look isn’t on my mind as much as it should be.

What will be your winning strategy? What sets you apart from the other girls? 
I want to win. It’s a bit different, but I’m going there with the mindset that I have everything to prove. I come from a small country so I’m only buzzing on the radar. I’m never going to get comfortable until it’s the final night and I’m standing in the top five. This is important to me. It’s a fight for me and a victory that I know is not yet mine, but one I’m determined to work for. I think that's what sets me apart; I think most beauty queens "know" already that they are the best. I don't think that. I can always be better; my goal is to show that I am.  

What would it mean to you and your country if you win the Miss World Title?
To me it would mean the world. It would mean that all I have done has not been in vain. To my country, I’m not quite sure. We don’t give our queens their due appreciation. Maybe that will change.

Do you have any fears about fame and being on this platform?
I use to. Not even a drop of it exists anymore. You can’t be afraid of the purpose God has put on your life. I know he’s directed me this far. There is something he needs me to say and share and this is where I need to be for it to happen. I can’t be afraid of that; I won’t allow myself to be.

What is your talent going to be?
I’ll be singing. My voice has grown and matured. It’s so much stronger and I’m so excited to share it.

Who are your mentors/role model/s?  And Why?
Mentors? Oh, this is going to sound so cliché! But Michelle Obama. I’ve always told myself that it is my place to stand in the shadow of a man.  I never thought it was acceptable for me to be powerful or take charge. Not until I saw this woman, married to the most powerful man in the world, could enter a room and steal the attention of everyone in it with her husband standing right beside her. She doesn’t do this with her beauty, but her mind and her words.

Do you see yourself as a role model?
I do and it’s hard because I’m quite opinionated. But now I’m careful with everything I say because I know my girls and some women are looking to me for the next “What Should I do?” It’s a responsibility I don’t take lightly.

What do you say to those who think that beauty pageants only exploit the image of women? 
They do the complete opposite. I was a shell of a woman before Miss America. I’m not afraid of my voice now, or what it can do. I love myself so much more and I’m not saying pageants did that, but they played a hell of a role.

What’s your favorite vacation destination?
OH BOY! I know I can’t say the USVI because that hardly counts as a vacation, home and all.  So I’d have to say Dominica. My family is from there and it’s absolutely beautiful.

What’s the most important thing to have when you travel?           
Your camera. I’m all about capturing memories. I want to be able to experience every second of life over and over again. My camera allows that and I just got a new one so I’m stoked to test it out!

What sets US Virgin Island apart from Caribbean Islands?
We are everything. Our diversity sets us apart. We have this remarkably unique culture that is an aggregate of so many different people and traditions.

What’s your favorite guilty pleasure?
MARSHMALLOWS and my teddy bear, Loue. I can’t live without either of them.

What’s your life motto that you live by?
Live Good. It just means live with happiness and positivity in your heart. Be good and do good unto others. Sometimes it’s hard to see past the struggles of life, but all you can do is control what you put into the world, and that should always only be good. 

 

You can follow Aniska’s journey to the Miss World Pageant by following her Facebook Pages: Aniska T. Tonge and Miss World United States Virgin Islands. For more information on the pageant organization, please visit our Facebook Page: MISS US Paradise

 

Copyright 2014 Caribbean E-Magazine All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without credit..
www.ShiekhShoes.com
ShiekhShoes.com
Share this article :
 
Design Template by panjz-online | Support by creating website | Powered by Blogger