News Update :
Home » , , , , , » Meet Shantana Folkes Miss Jamaica Caraibes 2013

Meet Shantana Folkes Miss Jamaica Caraibes 2013

Writer : Caribbean E-Magazine on Tuesday, September 10, 2013 | 11:22 AM

The 23rd Edition of the Miss Caraibes Hibiscus Pageant will take place in St. Marteen. The pageant will run from November 29th to December 9th, 2013. Miss Caraibes Hibiscus is an annual international beauty contest for all countries of the Caribbean and the America. It was founded in 1990 in the French part of Saint Martin. Shantana Folkes will be Jamaica’s Ambassador to the pageant. She was chosen from among several of applicants. Shakira Martin represented Jamaica in 2012 and placed in the top 10.

 
The Miss Caraïbes Hibiscus winner will serve as the spokesperson for the Caribbean and the Americas. She will travel on promotional trips, the contestants each have a lot more to offer, giving meaning to the saying "beauty and brains!"


Getting to Know Shantana Folkes

Tell us about yourself?

I was born and raised in the picturesque parish of St. Ann, Jamaica. At the age of fourteen, I migrated to the United States where I am currently pursuing an undergraduate degree in Biology. I aspire to one day become a physician who is able to positively impact my community, and particularly, the Caribbean and the Americas. I consider myself to be a very warm, caring and goal-oriented individual, who never stops at welcoming new learning experiences in my life, whether it is personal, developmental or spiritual in nature and also helping others along the way. I always try to embrace everything that life has to offer and channel that into positive energy

Why Miss Caraibes Hibiscus?

The Miss Caraibes Hibiscus competition highlights young women across the region that “possesses beauty with brains”. I believe that I possess not only these qualities but also a strong sense of purpose and passion. The competition for me is the embodiment of regional awareness and I have always been active in educating my peers about all that the Caribbean culture has to offer. It also encourages self-confidence among young women and that is a quality that is necessary in becoming a strong and meaningful individual. I am excited to continue to challenge myself in this area and become a proud ambassador of not only Jamaica, but the Caribbean at large.

Why should the judges select you as Miss Caraibes Hibiscus?

I believe that the Miss Caraibes Hibiscus winner should be someone who is willing to go above and beyond in fulfilling her duties to serve others, especially the Caribbean community. I am eager to learn and expand my knowledge, while making a full commitment to these duties. In conjunction with my strong affection for everything Caribbean, I believe that I would make an ideal candidate for the title and hope to focus on promoting a platform where the wide array of different Caribbean cultures are able to be integrated. It is also my belief that this would be a year well- spent doing something that I truly enjoy, while making a meaningful contribution to the awareness of my region.


You can email Shantana Folkes

 
...........................................................................................................................................................
Copyright 2013 Caribbean E-Magazine All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without credit..
Share this article :
 
Design Template by panjz-online | Support by creating website | Powered by Blogger