News Update :

Meet Jevaughn Porter Mr. Teen Jamaica United Nations 2012

Writer : Caribbean E-Magazine on Sunday, May 20, 2012 | 8:50 PM

Jevaughn Porter
16 year old Jevaughn Porter is one of  two delegates that will represents Jamaica at this years' Mr. Teen Jamaica United Nations 2012. 


The event will be held from July 5-8 2012 in Miccosukee Resort and Gaming Lounge in Miami Florida.

 



Tell us about yourself?
My name is Jevaughn Porter, Mr. Teen Jamaica United Nations 2012; I am 16 years old and a senior student at Meadowbrook High School in St. Andrew. In the future I would like to work in the Tourism and Hospitality field as I have a passion helping and assisting people and also children. My hobbies that I enjoy doing are photographing, swimming, drawing and playing with my pets.


Why do you want to become Mr. Teen United Nations?
I want to become Mr. Teen United Nations because it opens doors to many things out there from support from the beautiful people of this world and sponsors such as education scholarships and funds to start a foundation which I’ve had in mind for early childhood development and many more, and I believe the title of Mr. Teen United Nations will help me achieve this. 

How do you feel as a teen living in Jamaica?
I feel proud of being teen in Jamaican, and wouldn't regret a day not being a Jamaica as I love my culture and heritage and I'm very fervent about my country.


Where do you see yourself in five years time?
In five years time I see myself  pursuing a degree in Tourism & Hospitality Management and Marketing. Also, forming my own foundation in aim of assisting early childhood education development in Jamaica and later in the future across the world.



What is your message to teenagers around the world?
My message to teenagers around the world is to get an education, respect you parents, love one another and aim high and you will succeed in your goal and dreams


Who is your role model?
Mahatma Gandhi who believed in non-violence and was instrumental in standing up to the British Empire and getting India its freedom.



What would people be surprise to learn about you? 
When I was younger I wanted to be a NBA Basket Ball player and the only sneakers I wore were Jordan’s up to this day I still do.

What do you want to say to the people of Jamaica?
Dare to be different. Always think of ways you can uplift your community and your country. Give up the idea that social circumstances determine your attitude in life. If we come together as Jamaicans, we can truly build a great nation.


Are you currently getting the support needed to represent Jamaica?I am currently seeking sponsorship opportunity. I want appeal to persons to help to sponsor my trip to the finals in the USA.  I have a great possibility to making the Jamaican proud. I will help to sell the Jamaica to a large international audience.



Where can you be contacted?

I can be contacted at email: jevaughn.porter@gmail.com
or via our  website: www.munp.org and www.facebook.com/missunp


Share this article :

+ comments + 2 comments

RSTP
Sunday, May 20, 2012 at 10:11:00 PM EDT

Proud of you Jev!

Monday, May 28, 2012 at 7:32:00 AM EDT

Cool!

Post a Comment
 
Design Template by panjz-online | Support by creating website | Powered by Blogger