News Update :
Home » » Vybz Kartel Penned Poem "Guilty before trial?"

Vybz Kartel Penned Poem "Guilty before trial?"

Writer : Caribbean E-Magazine on Monday, March 12, 2012 | 10:27 AM

Vybz Kartel continues to proclaim his innocence behind bars. With the help of  University of  The West Indies professor, Carolyn Cooper, Kartel has released two letters to the public, via the Jamaica Gleaner.


Kartel who is facing murder, drug and obstruction of justice charges believes he is presumed guilty even before being tried, as law enforcement is using the media to tarnish his reputation.

Vybz Kartel also issued excerpts from his book, Voice of the Jamaican Ghetto, proclaiming his innocence while aiming to distinguish his controversial on stage persona from his off stage demeanor.

Part 2 of the letter was published on Sunday in the Jamaica Gleaner, along with a poem written by Kartel......

Conclusion of Adidja Palmer's letter

"Ms Cooper, please publish this letter so that the Jamaican people can see my point of view on this serious matter as my life depends on the outcome of this case.
"In closing I would like to let the people know that i am an innocent man and i have faith in my lawyers and know that i will be acquitted. Thank you. Sincerely yours Adidja Palmer.
P.S. I have enclosed a poem i wrote. feel free to publish it as well. Thanks Ms C."
(A poem) Guilty before trial?
          by A. Palmer


The police have found me guilty and i
haven't gone to trial yet,
but they spread propoganda on T.V. & internet

Dem a beat it in the people's mind
that i'm guilty and deserve death,
but the public knows how the police
operate, so mi nah fret.

So many people in court for allegedly
taking 4, 5, 6 pickney life,

So how they don't discuss that on
'CVM at sunrise'?

Allegations of extrajudicial killings
by security forces have already been issue,
but i've never seen them on t.v. so
much, talking about that, did you?

Me never kill nobody yet
but they say my music breeds crime,
that's why they're on my case they
want me imprisoned long time.

I am an artiste so i know things
will make the news,
but don't crusade this ungodly way to
distort peoples views.

Mi swear my innocence before all
mankind and God,
why would i risk going to jail Leaving
behind 7 children, after mi nuh mad.

I am not the first man
The romans soldiers have sacrificed,
like me, that man was not guilty
That man was Jesus Christ.

       
    




Share this article :
 
Design Template by panjz-online | Support by creating website | Powered by Blogger