News Update :
Home » , , » Sophia Squire talks about new baby and new single "Rock"

Sophia Squire talks about new baby and new single "Rock"

Writer : Caribbean E-Magazine on Saturday, March 10, 2012 | 5:22 PM

She took a break from what had promised to be a busy year in her career 2011, to give birth to her second child a bouncing baby boy.  But music, only gave her that much time and no more because already, one of Jamaica's most promising female Lovers Rock artiste, Sophia Squire.  Sophia  has hit the ground running with the release of another lovers rock master piece she is known to deliver.


Sophia Squire was nominated in the category of International Female Artiste for the British Reggae Award.

New Image Promotion (NIP) caught up with the busy mom to find out how she has been balancing motherhood and her music career.


N.I.P: How has motherhood been with the your newborn?
SQ: "It has been greater than great, though tired at times, I'm enjoying every sleepless night and having to rush to and fro..."

N.I.P.: What is your baby's name?
 SQ: "His name is Jazz, the name came to me while I was pregnant"

N.I.P.: Awwh, that's a nice name for a music mom to give her son, have you written a song about Jazz as yet?
 SQ: "No not yet, but you can bet I will write many"

N.I.P.: How has he impacted your life at this time?
 SQ: "Challenging, but his dad has been a major help, so his kind words are soothing even when I'm tired."


N.I.P.: How does your daughter feel about being a big sister?
 SQ: "She has been what I expected and more, she actually knows how to sooth him and don't mind changing the poopy diapers."

N.I.P.: You have been nominated for a British Reggae Award, How do you feel about that?
 SQ: "I am humbled and grateful for the recognition..fingers crossed."

N.I.P.: What new songs have you release since giving birth to your son? 
 SQ: "Rock and Come Een", it was recorded when I'm about ready to give birth to ma boy"

N.I.P.: What song(s) do you now have in rotation and what are people saying about them?
 SQ: Naw Fight Ova No Man' ladies anthem, Nature's Calling' every lovers favorite, 'Love' a conscious vibe with a message, 'Next To me' one of my favourite  just to name a few.

N.I.P.: There is a contrasting difference between Jamaican music now and 20 years ago, how do you analyse this difference and do you believe it has negatively affected the Jamaican Reggae product?
SQ: "Yes there has been a difference, people change with time so one can expect good and bad along with it, yes there are many negative effect, especially on the young and vulnerable, it has scared the music scene somewhat, but there are a pack of artist trying to clean up and it has been working tremendously, so I'm not worried."


N.I.P: If you got a chance to change the way Reggae music is marketed at this time what would have been your first task and why?
SQ: "I would first educate the artistes, let the artistes know that it's a business and should be treated with respect.  Knowledge is power so with this tool, education) he/she would know they represent their country and people to the best of their ability.  Reggae music to my knowledge was created by Jamaicans, we should be gaining more from it instead of exploiting, this can and has made it bad for future artistes."


N.I.P: What are you most looking forward to as a Reggae artiste
 SQ: "I look forward to spreading my portion of music local and overseas and represent with pride."

N.I.P: I especially like the track, next to me how did that idea came about?
 SQ: "When you're in love it shows, so for me, it flows lyrically....lol"

N.I.P: What's most important when it comes to spouses and relationship? 
SQ: "Communication...we tend to be too busy or don't want to talk about certain topics, what is left unsaid can destroy a relationship...so speak up speak loud."

N.I.P:Thanks Sophie 
SQ: "Thank you too.."

 Sophia Squire  new song "Rock"

Sophia Squire - Rock by NewImage Music
Share this article :
 
Design Template by panjz-online | Support by creating website | Powered by Blogger