News Update :
Home » , , , » Wayne Wonder and Mya Teams Up For "If I Ever" Remix

Wayne Wonder and Mya Teams Up For "If I Ever" Remix

Writer : Caribbean E-Magazine on Wednesday, August 31, 2011 | 11:55 AM

Reggae singer Wayne Wonder is teaming up with American Singer Mya on the "If I Ever" Remix. The Remix is produce  by  Sean Roy Strachan, from Miami-based Jewmaican Records. "If I Ever" Remix puts the tune into extended play for Wonder, where the  original song has been blazing Reggae charts across the U.S., Canada, U.K. and the Caribbean.

The duo who performed at this year's Reggae Sumfest, are happy to be working together,as noted by Mya." Working with Wayne Wonder was such a delight," says Mya. "I've been a fan of his work for quite some time. We linked through a mutual producer, Sean Roy, who also produced our remix to 'If I Ever.' While working in the studio and rehearsals, Wayne possesses a very focused, but kind, humble spirit. I also got to see another side of him when he ripped up the stage at Sumfest 2011! What a treat!"

Wayne Wonder also stated "It's great to have the single on the charts and collaborate with Mya on the remix,"

The original song  was produced by Mark "Bronco" Marsh and co-produced and mixed by Grammy Award-winning music producer Anthony "CD"Kelly for Wonder's very own SingSo Records.

In a statement  Sean Roy revealed "Initially, I presented the remix project to good friend, Sean Paul, who really liked it and had agreed to do a feature on the record," discloses Strachan. "But while in a listening session in Miami with Mya regarding tracks I produced for her upcoming albums, we somehow came across the 'If I Ever' track. Before then, I had never thought about it, but instantly I knew it would be a song  better-suited for a male and female artist combination. We got into the studio a few weeks later and the rest is history."   

The remix also saw co-production from Christopher Garvey and Joshua Rechani, and was mixed at Interscope Records by multi-Grammy Award-winning engineer, Niko Marzouka. The sizzling single is now available on iTunes. 



Share this article :
 
Design Template by panjz-online | Support by creating website | Powered by Blogger